Minggu, 24 Oktober 2010

nikko


I've been in Japan for almost 3 weeks now and every weekend me and my friends have managed to travel out of the little town of Nagaoka. This week, we went to a place called Nikko.

The Japanese fascinate me, one of the many traditions here -it seems- is to see the changing colors of an autumn scenery, which if I recall corectly is not so in the west, I dont think that in other places people make way out of their busy schedule to make sure they see the pick colors of autumn at the best spots in the country - I merely believe that autumn in the west is taken for granted by most, please correct me if I'm wrong-. In Japan however I heard that people pay attention on whether the trees have turned red or not and when to visit the many spots to see the magic happening. Nikko for instance I heard is the second best place to see this annual event, the first one is Kyoto. My friends and I went to Nikko because it was closer to Nagaoka, it was only a 3 1/2 hour drive.

Nikko is located in the mountains where there are many small little water falls, lakes and huge grass fields and also a lot of trees. Also there are temples and such. but with everyone seeming to come to nikko this weekend, the roads seemed to be an endless journey with only a few stops here and there. So in reality I only saw some of the great spots of Nikko.

But for the record the place is awesome, don't regret even a bit of the journey. If it was possible I'd love to stay longer and see more, but at the end of the day we had to leave. So please note this if you come to Japan at the autumn, it is mandatory to try living as the Japanese do while you are here, so you might as well enjoy the pleasures they have - and you might won't regret trying them out-.

2 komentar:

  1. Nobody looks at trees in America. Japan is awesome. Case confirmed.

    BalasHapus
  2. By the way, I LOVE "Poskan Komentar."

    I'm saying that over and over!

    BalasHapus